Now that you have accepted your appointment at CERN, here are the things you need to do when you arrive at CERN.
1. Get a Visitor Access Card
Arrival during working hours
If not pre-registered via PRT, a CERN guarantors has to apply for a visitor card at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrival outside CERN working hours and on weekends
2. Register at the Users Office
Go to the CERN Users' Office (Bldg. 61 R-010) with:
the appropriate Forms
the required documents for you and your family
3. Report to Bldg. 55
- R-001, Registration Service (accessible for people with reduced mobility) to get a CERN Access card.
(NOTE: the access card must be worn visibly at all times on the site)
If you come with your vehicle you have to register it in Bldg. 55 R-001 and acquaint yourself with the traffic and parking regulations on the site.
- 2nd floor, Activate your Computer Account (if not yet done) and e-mail address
- 1-001, Follow the computer security and safety courses for newcomers
These trainings are mandatory and must be taken within one week.
with your CERN login on any computer via: http://sir.cern.ch
without CERN login, but your CERN identification No.: on any computer
- R-004, Dosimetry Service to obtain a Dosimeter (If you will work in controlled radiation areas)
4. Go to your Experiment Secretariat to register : see http://usersoffice.web.cern.ch/experiment-secretariats
5. Fill in the Emergency Contacts form: you must provide 2 emergency contacts (persons to be notified in case of serious accidents), on EDH : https://edh.cern.ch/Document/EC/
6. Get an EDH password
(Electronic Document handling system) for the handling of electronic administrative operations. Send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
6. If needed, download proof of your employment with CERN on this self-service link (for e.g. apartment rental or other purposes).
7. Familiarise yourself with taxation matters and how to make a tax declaration in France and Switzerland.
8. Take part in the Induction Session for newcomers
9. Open a bank account
The Users’ Office issues the necessary form.
To open an account with another bank in Switzerland or France : Procedure
11. Get informed about taxation