All persons coming to CERN should obtain all the requisite information in good time on entry requirements applying for Switzerland/France. It is therefore recommended to submit your visa application at least three months and not later than 21 days, prior to your departure date. The practice is for visas to be issued by the consulate competent for the place of residence, and in some cases a special procedure must be followed.
Users, Cooperation Associates and Visiting Scientists, subject to visa restrictions, for Switzerland and/or France, should contact their experiment secretariat at CERN or the Users’ Office, before coming to CERN, for details on how to facilitate requests for a visa. They must have the appropriate documents to work in both countries.
- Visas for entry and stays in the Host States
- Procedure for obtaining visas for Switzerland and France - signature rights
More information on Swiss visas
- Swiss visas: Swiss Federal Office for Immigration, Special information on Schengen
- Introduction of the Visa Information System (VIS) used to store the biometric data of the visa applicant.
- Documents and visa requirements by nationality
- Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the United Nations Office and to the other international organisations in Geneva
More information on French visas