- Familiarise yourself with the COVID-19 measures in place on site. They are available on the HSE page and FAQ , as well as on the Users’ Office dedicated page.
- Take careful note of the quarantine imposed by CERN. All members of personnel arriving or returning from a country or area for which Switzerland and/or France impose a mandatory quarantine upon arrival or return must declare their situation to the Service Desk and not come on the CERN site during the travel quarantine period. If you are exempted from travel quarantine under the applicable regulations of both France and Switzerland, for example because you are fully vaccinated, no particular action is required. Information regarding the travel quarantine rules can be found here for France, and here for Switzerland. More details are available on this page.
- Contact your Experiment / Group Secretariat for instructions on how to collect your Personal Protection Equipment (face masks, hydro-alcoholic sanitizer, etc.) upon your arrival at CERN.
- Book an appointment to collect your Proximeter device here.
- Self-test every two weeks (highly recommended), whether fully-vaccinated or not. To register for the free Covid-19 Self-testing program @CERN, first take the e-learning course and then sign-up and book your self-test using the Plamed tool.
HOST STATE REQUIREMENTS
Entry & quarantine:
See this page regarding entry in Switzerland: Manual: Visas (admin.ch).
Entry formalities in Switzerland depend on whether you can show proof of vaccination (or recovery). See details here.
Both France and Switzerland have generalised the use of COVID-19 vaccination certificates to regulate access to public places and events.
For information on the COVID-19 vaccination centre at CERN and to check your eligibility, please see this page.
YOUR ARRIVAL @ CERN
In the month following your arrival at CERN, you will receive an invitation to attend a welcome session.
You will also be able to share your experience with other newcomers on a dedicated Mattermost channel.
For a smooth arrival, please make sure to read the following page: What I need to know | Users Office (cern.ch)
In case of questions please submit a request through the UO Service Page