Prior to accessing the CERN site, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Pass the CERN COVID-19 Training Course
All newcomers coming on the CERN sites have to pass a compulsory COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures at CERN training course in order to access the CERN sites.
→ This course is available from the Learning Hub.
Sign the CERN COVID-19 Self-Declaration
All newcomers coming on the CERN sites must sign a form to declare that they have read and understood the current COVID-19 related access restrictions in force at CERN.
Please read the accompanying Instructions before signing the declaration.
→ The Declaration is available here in English and in French and must be provided to Building 55.
Take careful note of the quarantine imposed by CERN
All members of personnel returning from one of the countries mentioned in at least one of the lists of countries and areas with a high risk of coronavirus infection published by the Swiss or French authorities will not be allowed on CERN sites for 10 days after the date of their return. Please read the information about travel restrictions in Switzerland and France and consult the FAQ related to travel and leave matters.
Contact your Experiment / Group Secretariat for instructions on how to collect your Personal Protection Equipment (face masks, hydro-alcoholic sanitizer, etc.) upon your arrival at CERN and book an appointment to collect your Proximeter device.
Contact your Supervisor a few days before traveling for a final confirmation that your presence on site is still required and approved by your hierarchy (Technical Coordinator or Spokesperson for Users, Department Head for COASs and VISCs).
Entry and quarantine upon arrival:
- See entry requirements and quarantine rules to be followed.
- All travelers* arriving in France must present a negative PCR test taken in the last 72 hours (exceptions to RT-PCR testing: children under 11yrs, border workers, residents within a radius of 30 km of the border).
- For travel by air, sea and land (including by rail) an exempted international movement certificate for travel to metropolitan France must be presented to travel companies as well as to border control authorities. Travelers must also provide a declaration on honour.
- In the case of entry via Switzerland, travelers must carry with them valid ID documentation, proof of French residence (eg. residence permit, electricity bill, rental agreement, hotel bill, etc), as well as a completed copy of the CERN attestation.
*N.B. As of 11 March 2021, people arriving from Australia, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Singapour, South Korea or the United Kingdom no longer have to meet the essential reasons requirement to enter France.
Quarantine upon arrival: all travelers arriving in France from countries outside of the European Union are required to undergo a compulsory 7-day quarantine. Additionally, they will be tested a second time at the end of the isolation period.
Curfew from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am: Members of the personnel who must travel in France to carry out essential professional duties during the curfew hours must carry a certificate issued by CERN. This document can be downloaded on this link. You also need an exemption certificate (attestation de déplacement dérogatoire*), available on this link. *This document can also be downloaded from the TousAntiCovid app (in the App store and Google Play).
Kindly note that the Users’ Office is currently open by appointment only, on Monday morning and Thursday morning. To book an appointment, please call +41 22 767 67 67 or email us at email@example.com.