Change of status


If you intend to change status from employed member of the personnel ("MPE", such as DOCT, FELL, etc.) to associated member of the personnel ("MPA", such as USER, COAS and VISC), you must inform your Department Secretariat that you intend to extend your association with CERN as a USER, COAS or VISC after the end of your current assignment.

Once your Department Secretariat has handled your contract termination as an MPE and informed the Records Office of the continuation of your association with CERN as an MPA, a new assignment will be created for you in the CERN HR database. The Users Office will send you an email inviting you to proceed with your change of status via EDH as soon as the new assignment has been created.

You will need to attach a Home Institution Declaration (HID) to your EDH Contract Amendment Form.