All persons coming to CERN should find out about entry requirements for Switzerland / France in due course. Visa applications should be submitted at least three months, and not later than 21 days, prior to the departure date. Visas are in principle issued by the consulate competent for one's place of residence. In some cases special procedures may be followed.
Users, Cooperation Associates and Visiting Scientists subject to visa restrictions for Switzerland and/or France should contact their experiment secretariat before coming to CERN for details on the visa application process, as they must obtain the appropriate documents to work in both countries.
- Procedure for obtaining visas for Switzerland and France – signature rights
- Steps to obtain a Visa before coming to CERN
- Swiss visas: Swiss Federal Office for Immigration, Special information on Schengen
- Introduction of the Visa Information System (VIS) used to store the biometric data of the visa applicant
- Overview of ID and visa provisions according to nationality